Katy, TX Garbage Disposal Repair
Keep Your Sink Clear With Professional Services
Having a garbage disposal unit in the kitchen can save you a lot of time and hassle. Just dump everything down the drain and it’s gone! These units aren’t without their downsides, of course. Anyone who owns a garbage disposal is aware that they’re prone to failure, often due to waste jamming the turntable or blocking the drain.
In other cases, hard objects dropped into the disposal cause serious damage to the equipment, rendering it inoperable. If you need a garbage disposal repair in Katy, TX, call MET Plumbing LLC.
Need an experienced, trustworthy plumber for your Katy garbage disposal repair? Contact us online or give us a call at (281) 603-9949.
What Are the Most Common Garbage Disposal Issues?
The most common garbage disposal problems are:
- Jammed garbage disposal (your garbage disposal is humming when turned on, but not working properly)
- Clogs caused by food or an object
- Lack of power
- Slow draining
- A bad odor that won’t go away
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, please contact our experienced team in Katy to schedule your garbage disposal repair service.
Types of Garbage Disposals
Garbage disposals come in two basic types: continuous feed and batch feed.
The continuous feed variety is the most common design. Its name refers to its ability to process waste uninterruptedly; the user simply keeps dumping material into the drain while the unit does its work.
Batch Feed Units
Batch feed units, by contrast, must be filled with waste and sealed with a cover before activation. These units, while fairly uncommon, have the advantage of being relatively quiet.
No matter what kind of unit you use, MET Plumbing LLC can provide dependable garbage disposal repair services in Katy, TX that will return your equipment to prime operating condition.
What to Avoid Putting in Your Garbage Disposal
If you want to prevent costly garbage disposal repair, avoid putting the following items in your garbage disposal:
- Coffee grounds: Coffee grounds form a thick and dense paste that can cause clogs.
- Eggshells: The thin coating found inside of an eggshell can wrap around the blades of the disposal and create a sticky blockage inside your plumbing.
- Onion skin: Similar to an eggshell, onion skin can easily get through the blades and end up wedged in the drain and causing a blockage.
- Potato peels: Similar to onion skins, potato peels can be thin enough to slip through the blades uncut and lead to a clog.
- Grease: As fats and grease cool down, they solidify. If your garbage disposal isn’t properly flushed out, it will push the fats further down the line until it sits on the bottom of the disposal unit, creating slow drainage and eventually creating clog issues.
- Hard food items: This includes, bones, pits, nuts, and any other hard food scraps. These types of foods can cause the blades to jam or cause significant damage to them.
- Dry, expandable food: These are foods that expand in water, such as pasta, rice, oats, and more. Once put down the drain, these foods will continue to expand and eventually lead to a clog.
20+ Years of Professional Plumbing Experience
With over 20 years’ experience, the MET Plumbing LLC team is well versed in all aspects of garbage disposal repair, installation, and replacement for commercial and residential clients. We service the communities of Houston, Katy, Richmond, Spring, Fulshear, Cypress, Sugar Land, The Woodlands, as well as neighboring towns.
Feel free to contact us by calling (281) 603-9949 when you need an experienced, trustworthy plumber for your Katy garbage disposal repair.
Our Customers Love Us
Hear From Our Happy Customers
“They noticed my problem almost immediately and provided me with several solutions.”- Charisma G.
“Mr. Jacob was very professional, courteous and listened to what needed to be repaired.”- Lucy M.
“He also helped clean the sewage in the bathroom before he left. Overall AMAZING service. We will definitely be using MET plumbing again!”- Allen M.
“I have his number in my phone and I will indeed use him again, and recommend him to anyone who has some need of a fantastic plumber.”- Neysa B.
“They were professional, honest, explained everything they were doing!!”- Shama D.
“I was leaving for an overnite business trip and when I returned everything was repaired and it looked like nothing happened!”- Tom M.
5% OFF For our Seniors and Military! Expires: April 30, 2023 Print
$150 OFF Tankless Water Heater Installation Expires: April 30, 2023 Print
$25 OFF Any Service Call Expires: April 30, 2023 Print
$25 OFF Drain Cleaning Expires: April 30, 2023 Print
$35 OFF Your Next Plumbing Repair Expires: April 30, 2023 Print