Water Treatment Systems
Water treatment systems help to ensure your family has access to the cleanest water possible. Ready to upgrade your system? Contact MET Plumbing today!
Water Treatment Systems in Katy, TX
When it comes to your family, we understand you want to have the cleanest, best-tasting water possible. Although there are national standards when it comes to water safety, these regulations don’t take into consideration taste, and it is possible to get your water much cleaner than the minimum requirements. Luckily, we install water treatment systems in Katy, TX, and surrounding areas.
When your water is cleaner it is free from bacteria, toxins, and chemical pollutants. Using a water treatment system can not only improve taste, but it can also get rid of odors and hard water, which can create hard water deposits on faucets and pipes.
Then, it can be difficult to get rid of. Regardless of whether you’re on the city water supply or your own property where you’re on your own well system, our local plumbers can help with your clean water needs.
At MET Plumbing, we install all types of water treatment systems, depending on which type your situation calls for.
In general, there are five different systems:
- Filtration, which uses activated carbon filters – A filtration system is an easy way to effectively control what is in your water. Systems can include mechanical filters, oxidizing filters, activated carbon filters, or neutralizing filters. They are designed primarily for use on potable water, meaning they are meant for homes which already have acceptable drinking water.
- Distillation – When water is distilled, it is heated up until it turns into steam. As the steam gradually re-condenses, it leaves behind bacteria, minerals, and other foreign substances so the water is almost pure.
- Reverse osmosis – With reverse osmosis, water is passed through a semi-permeable membrane, where the membrane collects impurities to keep them out of the water. These types of units are able to reduce metals, salts, minerals, organic chemicals, and even microorganisms.
- Ion exchange – used primarily as water softeners – An ion exchange system reduces water hardness which is caused by excessive amounts of magnesium and calcium. They work by removing these from the water. When the water is softened by ion exchange, soaps work better in washing machines and there is less buildup in pipes. However, salt is used in these systems, so the sodium levels in the water will increase. Anyone with heart problems or on a low-sodium diet should first consult with their physician before having one installed.
- Disinfection methods – which can use a variety of methods such as UV light or chlorination – Disinfection gets rid of viruses, bacteria, and cysts that can be found in water. These can often cause people to become very ill when ingested, so using UV light or even chlorination is recommended if this is a problem.
Ready to have cleaner, fresher water? Give us a call at (281) 599-3336 or contact us online today.
- Emergency Plumbing
- Garbage Disposal Repair
- Faucet Installation
- Water Leak Repair
- Whole home repiping
- Bathroom plumbing repair
- Kitchen plumbing
- Plumbing inspections
- Shower & Tub Installation
- Shower Repair
- Shower Valve Repair & Replacement
- Toilet Repair
- Toilet Stoppages
- Washing Machine Hookups
- Water Softeners & Filtration Systems
- Water Treatment Systems