Signs You Might Be In Need Of Plumbing Repair Services
Homeowners often disregard or overlook plumbing issues, such as leaks, until they find themselves ankle-deep in water from overflowing sinks and faucets or struggling to live with a clogged toilet. Although minor plumbing problems can be addressed through do-it-yourself solutions, certain issues should not be handled alone, particularly when dealing with pipes. Attempting to fix them on your own might exacerbate the situation, resulting in costly repairs.
Below are some signs that you need to pick up that phone and call in the plumbing services to come and bail you out.
Signs to Never Ignore
Ignoring these signs and attributing them to something else might be tempting, but don’t do it – you could end up regretting it. Look out for these indicators:
- An unusually high water bill: If you haven’t been using significantly more water but your bill has spiked, it’s a clear indication of a problem. Call a plumbing expert immediately to save yourself money in the long run.
- Wet spots on walls: Even if nothing has been spilled, wet spots on walls or floors should be monitored closely. If they don’t dry up after a few days or keep getting worse, there’s likely a hidden leak that needs to be fixed before it becomes a bigger, more expensive issue.
- Musty odors: If you notice a musty smell in your home, it could be a sign of water in places where it shouldn’t be. This requires immediate plumbing services since dangerous molds can grow in areas with water and negatively affect your health.
- Faulty water meter: Homeowners who suspect a leak can confirm it by checking the water meter. Turn off all water appliances for at least an hour and check the meter. If it’s still running, water is going somewhere it shouldn’t be.
- Mushy yard: If your yard is soft and mushy even though it hasn’t rained in weeks, you may have a broken water line. Don’t leave it to leak, as it can damage the foundation of your home. Get it fixed as soon as possible.
Professional plumbing services do not come cheap—that much is true. However, you will be saving more money and preventing more problems for yourself in the future if you reach out to them the moment you spot these signs and have them fixed.